All dialup options come with free smtp service. This includes the per user, per port and per hourly
billing options. SMTP service is maintained in our own facilities on our own servers. We are currently
operating Postfix for our SMTP Service. Dialup USA offers both SMTP Authentication for customers who
maintain email accounts on our system and also, we allow SMTP and authenticate it by the IP address in
our session database.
To stop spam & viruses we have many restrictions on outgoing mail:
- User may not send to more than 25 recipients at a time.
- User may not send more than 200 emails per hour period.
- User may not send an email that is over 10 MB in size.
- Provider may block certain attachment types used in transmitting viruses.
- Provider may run a virus scanner on all mail and drop mail containing viruses.
SMTP service can be branded by just pointing smtp.yourdomain.com to our mail server.
What is SMTP?
Short for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, a protocol for sending e-mail messages between servers. Most e-mail systems that send
mail over the Internet use SMTP to send messages from one server to another; the messages can then be retrieved with an e-mail
client using either POP or IMAP. In addition, SMTP is generally used to send messages from a mail client to a mail
server. This is why you need to specify both the POP or IMAP server and the SMTP server when you configure your e-mail