Partner Edition - F.A.Q's
| Pricing and Features
| Implementation Docs/Tips
Dialup USA Google Apps Partner Edition
- 10+GB mail storage: All users get greater than 10GB of storage for email, docs, etc.
- Powerful mail search tools: With Gmail, the power of Google search is available for your inbox. Find saved messages instantly,
even if you don't
keep your mail organized.
- Integrated contact list: Gmail helps you keep track of your contacts by automatically remembering people that you've corresponded
- Integrated instant messaging: See who's online and instant message with them in real-time, right within the mail browser window.
Chat conversations are
saved and searchable, just like email conversations.
- Integrated calendar features: Gmail recognizes meeting requests and invitations, and helps you RSVP without ever leaving your
- Virus, spam and phishing protection: Gmail uses powerful technology to effectively block viruses, filter spam, and alert you when
you receive phishing
messages. These features help provide a safer email experience.
- IMAP, POP and mail forwarding: Download messages from Gmail to applications like Outlook and Eudora, or POP messages from another
email address into
your Gmail inbox. With IMAP, any actions (marking as read, replying, archiving) you take using your desktop client or mobile device will propagate
immediately and automatically to Gmail. Email forwarding gives you more flexibility by letting you check your mail from another email account.
- Mobile access: Install the Gmail mobile application onto your BlackBerry® smartphone for fast access to your mail account when
you're on-the-go. Just
browse to http://m.google.com/a from your BlackBerry® smartphone to download the application. If you don't have a BlackBerry® smartphone, you can
access a streamlined version of the Gmail web interface from your phone, built especially for mobile devices.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee: for Google Apps Paid Partner Edition, Gmail is guaranteed to be available at least 99.9% of the time,
ensuring that users have
access when they need it.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape and others.
- Supported languages: US and UK English, simplified and traditional Chinese, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish,
Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Brazilian
Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Below are some technical aspects of the Google Apps partner edition service. it will explain in detail how the migration of email service will occur.
Please read everything in detail. Ask if you have
DNS entries to change
FAQ pages for your website
Please feel free to download the Google FAQ files listed below and install them on your website. It contains screenshots, instructions and the .exe
files to have users download to configure their mail programs (IE outlook express, thunderbird, etc) with the new settings.
To install these pages correctly on your website, you will need to create a folder on your website called
yourdomain.com/google/ and extract the googlefaq.zip files to it. Then create a folder at yourdomain.com/google/screenshots/ and extract the googlescreenshots.zip file to it.
That is how its setup in all the HTML code to work properly.
Example emails you can brand with your name, info, etc
Below are the 8 sample emails we are planning to use to send out notices to the email users about the Google mail
migration. We will brand each of these with your names, support phone #'s and support email addresses.
- Mail Conversion - IKANO does have the ability to easily populate existing mail and folders from your previous mail system to the
new Google email system. We can use
IMAP to do make this an easy process. Your current servers will need to work with IMAP to do this. If they do not, then we may need to consult with
you to come up with a
possible migration process. Let us know.
- Calendars/Address Books - Calendars and Address Books can potentially be moved over to the new Google system as well. We will
need to have our NOC team ask you several questions and see if this is an available option. Let us know.
- 8 character Passwords - Email addresses on the Google mail system must contain 8 character or more passwords. Typically when
import in your list of email addresses and passwords into Google, we will automatically append the word "password" to any password that is less than 8
characters. This means a password of joe123 would become joe123password on the system. When the user first logs into Google, it will require the user
to enter the email address and joe123password. After they login, they can change their password anytime back to something with 8 characters that they
- Dual Delivery - When you are ready to go live on Google we have an easy way to be able to process mail on both the Google
and your old system at the same time. Users will continue to receive mail on their old system and new system during this period. This means that your
users can have a 30 day window for example to move from your old mail system to the new email system. This will mean that your
migration can be spread out over a period of time and does not all have to occur in one day.
- Enabling POP/IMAP - As you probably know Google prefers that people use their webmail system so that your customers can get
full use of the docs, sites, calendars, etc. If we initially migrate a group of users into the system, we will by default enable POP3 for everyone
that is mograted. This means that you do not have to log into the webmail system, click settings, and enable POP3 for each account manually. After
the initial migration however, if you were to add a user yourself, that user would not be configured for POP3 by default. The user would need to
manually go into their webmail account, settings, and enable POP3 on their email address to be able to use outlook, outlook express, or other mail
Below is a tentative time schedule, you can always delay or modify this, this is just to give you an idea of the process. We take care and make sure
that you have plenty of time to get users migrated off your old email system.
||Letter1 Google is Coming
||Letter2 8 character Passwords
||Letter5 Dual delivery turns on - Migration Begins
||Letter8 Old Mail System is turned off|
If you have questions about any of the documents above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free @
1888-460-2286. We have representatives available 8-5 M-F PST to answer your calls.